Newington, N.H. (October 3, 2018) – SIG SAUER, Inc. is honored to announce the manufacturing and presentation of the M17 Tomb of the Unknown Soldier Pistols for the U.S. Military’s third U.S. Infantry Regiment (The Previous Guard) for the Tomb Guard Sentinels.
The M17 Tomb of the Unknown Pistols are distinctive M17 pistols that have been created utilizing the identical specs for the U.S. Military’s M17 Modular Handgun System. The ceremonial pistols are 9mm striker-fired pistols with a non-railed aluminum grip module, stainless-steel slide, wooden grip inserts, a 21-round journal, and options the identical optic minimize as specified by the MHS contract, entrance night time sight, detachable rear plate, and black controls. The pistols additionally characteristic a excessive polish to resist the inclement climate whereas the Tomb Sentinels stand guard.
The distinctive distinguishing options for the M17 Tomb of the Unknown Pistols embody:
• Pistol Names: every of the 4 pistols bears the title of Silence, Respect, Dignity, or Perseverance and is featured on the mud cowl. Dignity and Perseverance signify “The Sentinel’s Creed,” and Silence and Respect signify the request to the general public by Arlington Nationwide Cemetery when visiting the Tomb of the Unknown, and in the course of the Altering of the Guard;
• Customized Wooden Grips: in 1921 the chosen Unknown was transported to the USA of America aboard the usOlympia. The customized wooden grips are made with wooden from the usOlympia and embody the crest of the third Guard, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier identification badge inset;
• Cocking Serrations: XXI cocking serrations are engraved on the slide to indicate the twenty-one steps it takes for the Tomb Sentinels to stroll by the Tomb of the Unknowns and the army honor of a 21 Gun Salute;
• Sight Plate: an engraved impression of the Greek Figures featured on the east panel of the Tomb – Peace, Victory, and Valor – are featured on the sight plate;
• Sights: a glass insert made with marble mud from the Tomb of the Unknown fills the sights of the ceremonial pistols;
• Engraved Magazines: the 21-round magazines characteristic an aluminum base plate engraved with the names of the Greek figures featured on the Tomb of the Unknown – Peace, Victory, and Valor – and embody a reputation plate on the underside of the journal engraved with the Tomb Sentinel badge quantity.
• Serial Numbers: the pistols are serialized with a singular set of serial numbers that incorporate objects of significance to the Previous Guard: “LS” represents line six of the Sentinels’ Creed, “My customary will stay perfection; “02JUL37” to indicate the primary 24-hour guard posted on the Tomb of the Unknown on July 3, 1937; “21” to indicate the 21 steps it takes the Tomb Sentinels to stroll by the Tomb of the Unknown, and the army honor of a 21 Gun Salute. The total collection of M17 Tomb of the Unknown Soldier Pistols serial numbers are LS02JUL37A21 (Silence), LS02JUL37B21 (Respect), LS02JUL37C21 (Dignity), LS02JUL37D21 (Perseverance).
The M17 Tomb of the Unknown Pistols might be offered to the Previous Guard in an official ceremony on Thursday, October 11, 2018 on the Arlington Nationwide Cemetery Chapel. The ceremony will start at 9:00am and embody a personal presentation ceremony, adopted by a Altering of the Guard wherein the third Guard troopers will return to obligation with their M17 Tomb of the Unknown Pistols. The presentation ceremony will conclude at 10:15am with a wreath laying on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
Silence, one of many 4 ceremonial pistols to be offered to the U.S. Military’s third Guard might be on show within the SIG SAUER Sales space (#3425) on the Affiliation of the USA Military (AUSA) Annual Assembly, October eighth – 10th on the Walter E. Washington Conference Heart, Washington, D.C.
A full collection of photographs of the M17 Tomb of the Unknown Pistols can be found for viewing right here.
Tags: Sig Sauer
You possibly can skip to the top and depart a response. Pinging is presently not allowed.